This tours is a good alternative created just for us to enjoy it and can appreciate many more places since its departure from Cusco appreciating 65% of the sacred valley plus a full tour such as the maras, Moray and the salt mines with the most beautiful of Ollantaytambo to then in that place board the train that will take us to the wonder of the world and fulfill the desired dream.
DAY: 1 MARAS, MORAY, SALINERAS, OLLANTAYTAMBO
We start in Cusco at your hotel at 8:00 a.m. and we went to the village of Maras and the experimental agricultural terraces of Moray.
First we arrived at Moray, according to historians the constructions of Moray constituted an important agricultural laboratory of the Inca empire. Since their platforms are built with their respective irrigation channels and each of them constitute a microclimate. What is striking is the great difference in annual average temperature between the top and the bottom of the depressions, a difference that reaches up to 15 ° C.
In Moray the Incas created their own micro-climate to adapt the plants to this altitude.
After this we will make a visit to the Town of Maras and the salt mines. First we will visit the Maras Temple. It is an outstanding colonial church made of adobe with typical religious architecture where you can find Cuzco paintings that represent the Last Supper, Jesus and the apostles. It also shows beautiful mansions with shields of Indian nobles, reflecting an era of prosperity during the colonial period.
Finally we arrived at the Salineras de Maras are an impressive salt complex, which was already exploited since the Inca era. At present the mines are still working and the farmers of the area sell the salt that is much sought after in the market, also the place is an important tourist destination in Cusco.
In the afternoon we will visit the fortress of Ollantaytambo that constituted a strategic military, agricultural and religious center to administer and control the Sacred Valley; this is deduced by the constructions that presumably were for agricultural deposits and for military use like walls and watchtowers (probably to protect themselves from the jungle ethnic groups). This archaeological site comprises a series of overlapping terraces, showing the impressive and large stone blocks finely carved and located on the upper terrace
and this is where we will board the train that will take us to Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU
Departure from the hotel at the earliest to be among the first visitors of Machu Picchu to enjoy the most of the visit with the few people at that time and appreciate the sunrise at Machu Picchu where you will recharge your energies. We take the train back to the 4:30 pm Arriving in Cusco at 8:00 p.m.
The train schedules indicated are referential and may vary based on the departures of the available trains.
- In Pisac do not forget to try the empanadas and bring some souvenir of crafts.
- In Urubamba you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch where we invite you to try the corn from the Sacred Valley.
- In Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu you will climb many steps, wear suitable shoes for walks.
- We suggest bringing a small backpack with your camera, wearing a hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent and a bottle of water.
- After the guided tour in Machu Picchu enjoy the magic moment, open your arms and recharge your energy.
- On the train you can carry only 7 kilos of luggage.
- In high season we have many visitors to Machu Picchu and to board the bus and enter in some cases will have to queue.
- Visit the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TRIP:
- Informative talk a day before the Tour.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes – 01 night.
- Train ticket Round trip Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
- Bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Income to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
- Income to Pisac and Ollantaytambo – BTG Valle.
- Guided in GRUPO in Tour to the Sacred Valley.
- PRIVATE transportation from Hotel in Cusco – train station
- Ollantaytambo – round trip.
- Guided service in PRIVATE to the top of Huayna Picchu
- in Machu Picchu.
- Professional guide English – Spanish.
- Lunch on day 2 at TUNUPA URUBAMBA Restaurant.
THE TRIP DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Other services not mentioned.
- Hotel night in Cusco.